We are looking for a new Executive Director
Chesapeake Housing Mission (CHM), a successful and growing nonprofit organization, is searching for an Executive Director.
CHM serves low-income families in Dorchester, Somerset, Wicomico, and Worcester counties by providing minor home repairs and the construction of wheelchair ramps for those who are unable to pay for them. CHM partners with volunteer teams from local organizations, businesses, and churches giving them the opportunity to give back to their communities.
This is a position that is both challenging and rewarding. The successful candidate will serve as the face of the organization to donors, clients and partners and will have responsibility for the successful management of this growing organization. Key selective factors will include:
- A proven track record of successful fundraising including multi-year fundraising;
- Strong public speaking skills for sharing with donors and partners and be an inspirational leader to staff and volunteers;
- Ability to multi-task and oversee multiple ongoing projects while managing the organization’s fiscal and human resources within budget and time constraints;
- Successful management experience in the nonprofit or related sector;
- A commitment to helping those in need – people in poverty, people living with disabilities, with chronic diseases and the elderly.
The Executive Director can work remotely but must reside in one of the following 6 counties: Dorchester (MD), Somerset (MD), Wicomico (MD), Worcester (MD), Accomack (VA), Sussex (DE). Substantial travel within the four-county area we serve will be required to visit clients and projects, to meet with grantor organizations and to meet and inspire volunteers and potential volunteers.
Compensation is negotiable but will be consistent with the applicant’s experience and compensation levels in similarly sized nonprofits in the Salisbury, MD area. To apply, email your resume to email@example.com. Any questions should also be directed to this email address. Chesapeake Housing Mission is an equal opportunity employer.