Group Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteers are essential to our mission. The work our volunteers do is immeasurably valuable to our clients, their families, and their caregivers.
CHM offers group volunteer opportunities for businesses, departments, organizations, clubs, teams, associations, and congregations – no matter your skill level. Volunteering with CHM allows your team to work together and bond in ways that they may have never expected and is unlike any other team building activity that you may have done before. You’ll not only grow on a personal level but as a group. One thing about CHM that differs from other volunteer opportunities is that you get to meet the client and see directly how you’ve impacted their life and the lives of their families and caregivers!
Construction skills are not required. We will teach you everything you need to know on the day of your assigned project. Click here to download our Volunteer Brochure which contains helpful information about volunteering with CHM.
How To Get Started:
- HAVE AN OPEN HEART: Have an open heart, a willingness to help others, and compassion for your neighbors without judgement.
- PICK A TEAM LEADER: Pick a Volunteer Leader for your team. The Volunteer Leader organizes the volunteer team and works directly with CHM to coordinate the project.
- GET A TEAM TOGETHER: Find a group of like-minded volunteers to form a team. FYI – Wheelchair Ramps usually require around 15 volunteers.
- YOU GET TO PICK THE DATE: Contact us with your preferred date and a rain date and we will match your team up with a client. Projects are typically completed in a single day.
- HAVE A PROJECT MANAGER?: Let us know if anyone on your team has construction experience and is and willing to lead the project. If not, we will assign a Project Manager for you.
If you have a team and are interested in volunteering, please contact us. We typically have 30+ clients on our waiting list that need your help!